Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Purging

No--I'm not talking about me having bulimia. I'm talking about the fact that I am actually getting rid of the junk that has been overtaking our home. I am a collector and a saver and maybe a border line hoarder...but I gave myself permission to just throw it away and so far, it's been working out really great.

I am tossing out all those little things that I have no idea what they are for that I had saved in hopes that someday someone would know and then I could come to the rescue with a triumphant *Ta-DA* (insert magical sounding music here) here is the item of which you speak. I am hoping that this cleaning it out streak last a while and that I don't start to turn the corner and become all sentimental over things and go back to my stashing away ways.

I think this disorder must be in my blood--my fathers mother is a pack rat and I hate to admit it, but I believe I am as well. I have joined a program for people like myself and with the guidance of people who know, I am hoping I can recover and begin to live the full life I wish to have--instead of the life full of crap.

I have

No comments:

Post a Comment