Thursday, July 5, 2012

Time-Out

Taking time for myself is something I cherish.  I try to be good at it.  I know that if I don't do selfish little acts then my energy level is not there for everyone else who needs me.  Sometimes I forget.  I don't hide myself away well enough and other demands take my attention away from the time I need to recharge.  When I don't give myself this devoted me time, I start to feel out of control and off balance.  I whine.  I cry.  I feel tired and no good.  I should really put myself in a time-out when this happens.

I think we all could benefit from Time-Outs. Grown-up Style.  I'm not talking about getting all liqueured up and crazy (although sometimes that is a nice time out too)  I just mean doing those things that are just for us.  Whether it be reading, running, baking, brewing, gardening, cleaning (some people actually enjoy this???) or any other "ing" you enjoy doing.  It doesn't have to be long.  Just time that you spend on you for you and you alone.  Not for the benefit of anyone else. 

Sometimes I trick myself into thinking that I'm making time for myself when I'm doing something for others.  I enjoy the process of certain activites so it doesn't feel like I'm doing a chore I dislike, but I do not get the same feeling as when I carve out time that is just for Stace.

Spending time with friends and family(anything away from my daily grind) is recharging and I enjoy that very much--but I'm the type of person who needs to just shut down and not be needed.  I am working on not feeling guilty for hiding away and doing my "ing".  Maybe a time-out is needed right now. 

Do any of you others feel like you should be in a time-out too?  Have you been doing to much for others and you can not figure out why you just feel a little off.  It's time to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment