Monday, August 3, 2009

When

When I have nothing to blog about, I need to remember to keep at it. It helps me stay more honest when I feel as though someone is checking up on me. When I get lazy about blogging I tend to get lazy about everything. Sorry if I start to get boring, the boring stuff is really just for me.

Today the kids and I went to Big Falls and climbed around all the rocks. It was such a nice time, I even forgot about how bad my legs still hurt from the stair climbing that took place last Friday night (darn trainer) We had a picnic lunch before our climb and all though it was not the healthiest of choices--there were chips involved and we had ice cream after our fun in the sun--I have come to terms that this time around I'm not playing with an all or nothing tude. It's okay to have chips with a meal and ice cream as a treat, it is not okay for me to eat an entire bag of chips or have ice cream every afternoon. I am on a plan that I will be on for the rest of my life and need to make that plan livable--something that makes me feel normal and not stand out because today I am only eating things that are blue.

I was chatting with a good friend (I'll keep your name a secret ; o )) about maybe we should not call workouts "workouts" because the word work in there always makes me feel like something dreaded may be involves. I've been tossing around some ideas and have extended a challenge to come up with a new term for the process of movement that keeps me feeling good--I've come up with Therapy, but not sure if that's what I want to call it either, I'm afraid someone might start charging me $$$'s every time I partake in this activity. Her and I also talked about how we need to make sure that this time is fun & why not involved the whole family from time to time. I will still take my beloved walks alone, but from time to time I will have the kids tag a long and if we stop to skip rocks, then we do, I still benefit from the activity even if my target heart rate is briefly interrupted. One of the main reasons I am on this healthier path is so that my children see me living my life--and how are they going to see it if there are never along for the ride.

My most wonderful Chiro was telling me about a trail near Eau Claire that has stopping points where you do various things (such as push ups or some other type of 70's activities, everything is retro these days) I think I will take the kids there sometime soon so we can have a good laugh and really isn't that what it is really all about. Thank you for the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment