Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1.4

Last night I had a very loverly walk with my friend Kati (are we still friends after the stairs of hell?) My heel was veery mad at me after I got done and I spent the rest of the evening trying to stretch to make it a little happier.

This morning, the alarm rang at 4:45 and I pulled myself out of bed, trudged to the bathroom and was thinking (can a person really think at that hour of the day) of going back to bed, but I felt something kick me from behind and figured I better get my shoes on and head out the door or I would have to answer to someone (who else is crazy enough to be up at that time of the day???)

I did not take my normal "last chance workout" route this morning--I figured the hills may only make my heel madder--plus after the massive stair climbing last night, I figured I would be okay without the all the hills this morning. I took a route that I use to take almost every morning--the one where I was so excited when I would get just a little bit further then the last time. It is the most boring walk--an out and back trail with a lot of early morning traffic, it's loud and smelly--but it is still one of my favorites. I think part of it comes from clearly being able to see just how far I've come. Not only do I get to see how far I go each time I use it, but I get to see just how much progress I am making. I remember the pride I felt the first time I walk across the entire bridge (I even let out a loud woot when I did it) now I don't really even notice (which is a little sad) I think my most favorite part of the walk is that I am normally greeted by the rising sun. Good Morning--life is good.

Well after that reflect little meander, I came home and weighed in--down 1.4 pounds this week. I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment