Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation (the recap)

What a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time I had. It was perfect! Did a lot of relaxing, book reading, laughing, movie watching, campfire sitting, talking, shopping, lake walking, rock picking, and just a lot of fun was had.

I ate--boy, oh, boy did I eat and for the most part, I don't feel bad about it. At times I only sampled and there were times were I plainly over indulge. I'm okay with being human, for being a Roman while in Rome. If the scale indicates a gain for the first time since I started this particular journey, I will be more than okay with it. It will be fine.

I did not move my body as much as I would have liked--(I can't feel the verbal smacking right now) for one, I was just in heaven not having to do much of anything but relax. 2) We were in the woods and I did not want to meet up with the bear that likes to hang out in the front yard of the cabin we were staying in & c) my body was in pain because for some reason I ran a walk that I wish I would have only walked. Thursday night I earned the title of the Tortoise--if only unofficially, I think Turt would be a very awesome nick name--Kati and I participated in the Tortoise and the Hare Race here in Eau Claire and while doing it, I completely forgot that I am not in any way shape or form a runner (or a jogger) I am build for distance not for speed. But because of the little bit of running that I did do, I hobbled around the whole weekend like I had completed a marathon.

Even though I broke my pledge of working out while on vacation, I'm fine with it as well. While talking to a personal trainer I felt better about my temporary derailment, know that someone who's job it is to teach people to live healthier said "You know what, you should really just enjoy your vacation" It's true--and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment