Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Jouney:Week 4

July 1, 2009

Dearest Readers:

The past 4 weeks have not all been easy--there have been times when I have wanted to throw my salad on the floor and kick and scream until someone brought me some damn fries. But I didn't. There were mornings that I fought with the voices in my head. Most of the time, the voices won. There were points that went un-counted, hills left un-climbed, and moments when I wanted to throw in the towel. But even without being perfect, I did just fine.

Not only am I lighter because of all my work, I'm prouder (that is a word, right?) I'm more confident, I feel accomplished. I have changed. I did not realize that I would be gaining so much by losing.

On this journey so far I have tried to take my attention away from trying to become thinner and think about become healthier. I get excited when the scale continues to call out smaller numbers--but I get more excited when my pedometers claims I have walked another step further than the day before. I have grown to love the way my body feels after pushing it up yet another hill. I have enjoyed walking in the rain, the wind & the heat. For so long I have been disconnected with simple things that bring me joy. I'm glad they have found their way back into my life or should I say I have found my way back to them. Blessed Be the trees, lakes, and rivers.

I have also rediscovered that water taste good and vegetables are yummy. Thai food and pizza are also wonderful. I can have all the things I love and it's okay. It's all about balance. I like feeling balanced again. I have been living of kilter for way to long. It's nice to finally start having a bit of ME back. I LOVE IT!!! I just love it.

Week 4 results:
Changes since last week: - 2.2 pounds
Changes since start: -10.4 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment