Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013--A New Year and New {re}Beginning

I feel rushed this year.  The holiday season has been busy and full and wonderful and fun and busy.  Busy.  I have loved every moment of it, but am looking forward to getting back into our normal grove.  Back to work, back to school, back to evening filled with here and there and not a moments rest.  I'm well rested.  Too rested.  My creative brain seems to work better on the brink of exhaustion.  I feel better.  My senses more alert.  My mind seems quieter and stiller.  Or maybe that is just what I tell myself.  To get by.  It works.  I get by.

I'm so excited to share my word.  I think it is a far different word than I have used in the past and I hope the results and the connections click and things fall into place with out too much of a hitch.  I love all my words really.  They have become my friends over the years. Some staying in the strong for front and others softly slipping behinds the sceens waiting for their role to be needed.  I love my words.  I love words.  I love.

In honor of keeping this tradition going for FIVE years.  I wanted to find the perfect word.  That was a challenge because, in essence, all words are perfect.  I want a word that celebrates the best of me.  A word that repairs and heals and moves me forward while reflecting in glory and beauty.  Strong lines of Art Deco, soft and gentle flow of the Victorian era, simplicity of lean years, oddness of the 80's, cleanest of Frank Lloyd Write, sturdy.  The reveal:  My word for 2013 is RENOVATE

ren·o·vate
transitive verb \ˈre-nə-ˌvāt\ ren·o·vat·edren·o·vat·ing
1: to restore to a former better state (as by cleaning, repairing, or rebuilding)
2: to restore to life, vigor, or activity.

I'm so excited to get to work.  I want to bring back the best of myself while living in the today.  With love, care and time, I can get the job done.  I know that renovations always seem to take longer than planned.  I'm in no hurry, but I look forward to the revile. 

In health, love and renovation--To a Beautiful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment