Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 14

Today is the final day in my white diet phase.  I bet some of you bet I gave up since I was not blogging about my experience.  I did not want to bore you all with every little detail of my GI Recovery Adventure.  Here is my reflection.  I would fully recommend anyone who is having a little (or a lot) of tummy trouble give this a go (with doc approval). 

I feel amazing.  I do not have that bogged down feeling I was having a couple of weeks ago (and had felt for years and years).  I never felt hunger and I never devoured and entire loaf of bread.  I do not miss sugar the way I thought I would and having a very limited menu to pick from has made meal time less of a chore.  I even came up with a few new recipes (one I hope to share at some point). 

Now what?  Now that I have achieved this goal what is the next plan for my renovation.  That is something I've been thinking about over the past few weeks.  I went searching on the wild wild web to see if I could tame the beast called a diet.  I wanted to capture just the right thing for myself.  My requirements were that it needed to be healthful, something I can live with and something easy, free from crazy food combination, and something with very little investment. 

I googled (and did a pintrest search) the best way to lose weight and found there are way too many best ways to lose weight.  No wonder we are a fat country.  There is so many claims and promises and do this, don't do that (about the same food) stay away.  Crazy.  I wanted to find something simple.  Back to the basics.  I came across the Mayo Clinic Diet and I had my answers.

I invested $5 for the Kindle version of the book (meets the low cost requirement).  The diet is simple enough.  There is a two-week jump start to help you safely fast track into eating.  The down and dirty of it is:  You add 5 habits, You break 5 habits, and then if you want super results for the first two weeks, you add 5 bonus habits.  The five habits in each of the category are things I have been doing for the last 2 weeks so I figured "why not".  What do I have to lose (they claim a healthy and safe 6-10 pounds in the first two weeks)  After the 2 weeks are up and your weight is down, then you move into the Live it phase (the first phase is called lose it) where you eat (this will blow your mind) from the basic food groups (it's a plate now, no more pyramids).  I'm going to rock this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment