Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Test

Today was a day of tests.  I was able to add chicken to my list and so far so good.  I really was not worried--eager, yes.  I felt like a kid of the first day of school.  Wondering all the different culinary combinations I could create with a humble piece of white meat and my other selection of white foods.  My first adventure was white rice and a broiled chicken breast.  I find it hard to believe that there really is flavor in all the blandness. 

The chicken was not the real test.  The test was that my daughter and I spend the day away from home while my son had a computer birthday party with his friends.  That meant being away from home for a meal.  I called a couple of places ahead of time to see if I could order plain pasta and chicken--pasta was they could do, chicken was almost due-able (Noodles and Company could give me everything I wanted except they cook the chicken in oil and, well oil is not an option at this moment.  So I packed my rice and chicken thermos and headed out.  Once at the restaurant, I told them that I had to bring my lunch and I hoped they didn't mind that I ate it there--I had informed them that I was currently eating a very limited list of foods.  They said it was not a problem at all and that they understood (thanks Smiling Moose).--Sorry for all the lunch details--but sometimes I need to pound out these boring details for my own good.

But again--not really the test.  The girl and I went to a movie.  Where they have movie theater popcorn.  And I bought some.  A kids snack pack.  For her.  I had water.  And it was really okay.  I remember going to the movies all the time when I was growing up and never ordering anything.  Weird how you can go two or so hours without eating anything at all.  How ever did I make it through the entire show?

The real test was this morning.  The one that made me realize that I am stronger than I knew.  A test that proved that I actually have been transformed--what else could ever explain the phenomenon that happened today.  I (I hate to admit this for fear that someone might take my sash away) I, Stacy, went to a Girl Scout Cookie rally and did not sample a single cookie.  Not one.  Not even a thin mint.  That is pure strength.  I. Believe. I've got this.

1 comment:

  1. You rock, Stacy! And you inspire me to re-commit to my determination to reverse diabetes. I have a friend who worked with Karen Hurd and had fantastic results! I am excited to journey with you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete