Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thinking outside the {pizza} box


4 weeks!  I've been sticking with this project for 4 weeks.  I'm so excited!  I'm so proud!  I'm so surprised!  I'm kinda scared.  I'm hoping that my determination will keep pushing me forward.  I'm hoping I have the tools that I need to get myself to that place I need to be in order to feel like I'm my best me.  I'm not shooting for a certain size or a weight (okay maybe I have something in mind) or even a decade, I'm just working towards the place were everything is better. 

One tool that I have that has helped me a ton is Pintrest.  Yes Pintrest.  It has helped me find so many different ideas that help me to think outside the box.  I have found food ideas, workout plans, and advice on how to tie my shoes.  Where would I be without it.  I also have found that you have to do more than just pin the activity or recipe, you have to actually do it. 


My lunch today came from Pintrest.  Cauliflower Crust Pizza (http://366daysofpinterest.com/2012/09/25/day-238-cauliflower-crust/. ) I topped my pizza with flavors that say Mexican to me--Salsa for the sauce, colorful bell peppers, black beans, green onions, avocado, and cilantro.  It was pretty good.  I did not use the amount of cheese called for (only used 1/4 of a cup) and I baked my pizza at 450 instead of putting it under the broiler.  *One tip--if you have a silpat use it, I made a pizza for my little gluten-free friend on a pizza stone and it stuck, badly.  The flavor of the "Pizza" was pretty good, the "crust" was not chewy like pizza and it needed a fork to eat it, but it was a nice alternative.  Will I ever eat regular pizza again?  Yes.  I will.  Having options is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment