Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Renivation Project: It's all White

I'm rolling up my sleeves and getting ready to start my first project.  This one is about healing and repair--and is personal.

I have had stomach issues for years--years.  I don't want to get into too many details--for your sake and mine.  I like to place blame on my inactive Thyroid (if the lazy thing would work, I wouldn't be so quick to point my finger at it, even if it's not true).  The quick and dirty of my issue is, I'm tired of it.  Putting in new organs (or removing parts of me) is not really an option for me, so I turned to one of my favorite heath care peoples web site (karenhurd.com) and did some re-searching and finally decided to try the White Diet to help repair my innards. 

Today is day one of the first 3 days.  Everything is all white--not that I can eat everything that is white, it is a very limited list of white:  white bread, white rice, white pasta, cream of rice, cream of wheat, rice crispies, and rice chex--oooohh and also raman noodles, just the noodles.  And Water (and exception to the white)  No butter, sauce, spice--just  plain plain plain delights for the next few days to feed my insides gentlely--nothing abrasive or harsh.  And as much as I want. 

I'm trying to face this with as much positive vibes as I can.  I'm excited to challenge myself and test my limits (because it's not just 3 days.  No.  After 3 days, I slowly add items back into my life for 12 more days--unless I have some hurdles to get over then it could take longer).  I'm excited.  And I'm also tired of the issues.  Really tired.  Tired enough to feast of a bland, colorless, caffeine free buffet for the next three days. 

How far will I make it?  Maybe if I blog about it and have the support from my fan club, I can make it further than just past lunch.

Update:  It is now past lunch time.  Hunger level fine--Rice Chex and Pasta in my belly.  The headache from lack of caffeine is hitting me hard.  This too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. At this point I can not have any type of tea--even if it's white. My husband thinks I should be able to eat Marshmallows and Mayo, you know cuz they are white (funny, Huh?)

    ReplyDelete