Monday, June 22, 2009

Fighting Back

Help!!! Today my body seems to be fight back at me. It is really pissed off that I have not been feeding it the amounts of food that it needs to keep me at my "comfort weight"--which, by the way, my comfort weight is not comfortable to live in, it's just the weight that my body tend to gravitate towards.

I always joked about how it takes a lot of work to maintain my ample state, but in reality it wasn't a lot of work--it was just a complete friggin free for all--see it eat it, don't care. Today, I just felt hungry, like really hungry not eating out of boredom or eating to soothe some sort of emotional feeling. I had grumbling and actual pangs of hunger. So I ate--did I eat everything I should have? Not completely--did I say within my goal range--as far as I can tell I think I did. I didn't eat a whole pizza, I tried to make some sensible choices. I didn't over eat, I just feel like I was eating all day long. Like I could not get enough.

I think there is something that my body is trying to tell me and I just don't know what the signals are yet. My body is searching for something (I really wish I had a map for this journey) Aside from trying to get itself back to that comfort zone--I think I am missing something in my "diet". I know that I need to eat more veg--I'm doing great with fruits because there are so many yummy fruits that are coming into season, blueberries, strawberries, (I'm getting hungry just thinking about it, stop, stop right now) For some reason, even though I love vegetables, I have a hard time eating them, or eating enough of them. I need to make sure that I am doing that.

Also I think that I am not eating enough protein--I need to find some good, lean sources of protein to eat--other than just chicken all the time. (say aren't legumes a good source of protein?) Not sure if I want to get into adding protein powder to things yet--I have to look into that more.

I really dig blogging out my thoughts, because I think it really helps me "see" what I need to be doing. It would have never crossed my mind that maybe just maybe my body was craving something I was not giving it--something more than just cookie dough. I can win this. I am winning this. Wednesday will be my 3 weigh in. I am pretty proud that I have stuck with this so far--I'm happy that this has not been one of those I'll start tomorrow type things and then nothing really happens (except me being disappointed with myself because I couldn't even last until ten a.m. I think I really might just like this taking care of me, making sure I'm a priority thing. I think I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment